~$600 gaming rig, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't heard much of a difference...last time I compared, the green had 16mb cache. Probably something you wouldn't notice either way.

I don't mean to butt in but thought it wouldn't hurt to share a suggestion

Gigabyte mobo
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

xFx GTX260
Newegg.com - XFX GX260NADFF GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Phenom x3 720
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - Processors - Desktops

4GB OCZ 4-4-4-15 PC6400
Newegg.com - OCZ Blade Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model OCZ2B800C44GK - Desktop Memory

250GB SG Barracuda
Newegg.com - OCZ Blade Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model OCZ2B800C44GK - Desktop Memory

600w PSU
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX AURORA 2 RX-600F 600W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready LED Power Supply - Power Supplies

DVD Burner
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

To be honest asking for a gaming rig and then wanting a quad core is kind of an oxymoron and then for under $600 your really asking for too much.

The x3 720 is a great proc and will do fine stock but if you have even a little know how you can easily over clock this rig to a good 3.4 GHz on a decent 3rd party cooler

The PSU is by Raidmax and although not a top notch PSU it stills fills the void of good quality without breaking the bank

I didn't pick out a Case, I figured that would be based off personal preference.
My suggestion would be this Cooler Master
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Elite NV-334-KWN1-GP Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

that's the "nVidia" version, I couldn't find the regular one.

$650 just seems to be the best your gonna get without gimping parts (not an option) but this list come with $50 in rebates as it is so take it how you want to it can come close to your $600 budget after waiting a month or so for rebates, my suggestion would be to just save an extra $200 or so and then you'll be in line for a nice build :cool:

ey for the motherboard
depends what your using the computer for wouldnt you try to get the asus rampage ive heard great things about it, but also depends on the budget i suppose

youve listed your ram twice.

and for the psu, ive seen the T-F's recommended psu lists a couple times and i guess raidmax is a brand you should avoid?

That tri core and mobo costs more than the quad core and mobo combo hes going with. And I would take a OCZ psu over a Raidmax psu.

ey with ya hdd go raid with it dont go the single 250gb. go two 125gb it might quicken the computer up and less wasted time, only the budget might suffer there though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom