MAJOR Help needed with a video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albo23

In Runtime
Okay so I have an old computer (Dimension 2350) and VGA Port is pretty much busted. I get a video card from a friend and he told me it works fine. I put the card in a free PCI slot and then I plug the cord from the monitor to a free VGA slot on the video card, there is no signal on the monitor. Next, I try it on my other computer's (HP a1010n) PCI slot and it does not work but when I connect the video cable to my motherboard integrated graphics VGA slot, I check on device manager and all I see is "Video Controller".

I assumed the card was busted and I bought a cheap one from eBay (Radeon 7000) and when it comes, I pop it into the PCI slot of my Dimension 2350 and I still see no signal on my monitor. I try it again on my HP computer and I still see "Video Controller". I try installing the Radeon 7000 drivers and it tells me "Setup could not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system".

What can I do?? My Dell can't be run period without a Video Card because the onboard VGA Port is busted?

I would check the BIOS setup screen to see what the settings are for video, unless you know what they are already. Have you had a PCI working in it before ? I know you said it has onboard video, but I am wondering if you ever had a working PCI video card installed.

Yes, on the computer that works without the video card - I switched the video device to PCI and the PC turns on but I cannot see anything. :( I have never installed a PCI Video Card on any of then before but I do have other PCI Networking cards.

Im not sure what to say at this point. Do you have any other PCI slots, or just that one ? Maybe your friend is wrong about that card being good.

I tried several PCI slots. Plus, I bought another one off eBay and that one hasn't worked.

I think it's an issue on the mobo regarding your video. Like the circuits connected to your onboard video connector on the motherboard side might be messed up possibly. Just guessing at this point.

There has to be something else. I tried two different cards, albeit used, on three different motherboards!

I'm not sure how to do that but on one of them the VGA Port for the onboard video is completely screwed up.

ok, well do you have a mobo model number or something we can look up the specs up on it? because there might be a jumper to enable or disable onboard video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom