Computer for buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
My old roommate asked me to build a computer for him since he has had such bad luck with other prebuilt computers. He wants it to be able to run photoshop and illustrator at the same time. I was thinking this would work but I wanted to check with you guys first.

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-V351B Black Aluminum MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - Acer X193Wb Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 ACM - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TA790GX XE AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS370X 370W ATX12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

If there is anywhere I could cut down the price a bit that would be nice. But remember he wants to be able to run photoshop and illustrator. I'm not entirely sure on what kind of hardware it takes to run those but I don't think he would need that robust of a rig.

Even if it wasn't the same price I would say get the 640gb, but it is the same. So jump on it. :p

The rest of the build is fine, you could technically get away with a dual core, but you may as well get the triple. Speaking from experience, I know the onboard on that mobo will handle both programs nicely.

EDIT: The other big thing to think about is the scratch disk, make sure he sets it at a decent level, it helps a lot.

Didn't think about the 640gb, I will definitely grab that.

What is the scratch disk?

It's a setting in Photoshop, can't remember if Illustrator has it but I believe it does. Basically, it sets a hard drive for temp files...almost like a cache.

I took a chance on them too, but with Apokalipse's raves and XtremeSystem's raves, I checked it out, and I <3 it!

It has 7 chokes on it, which means better power regulation and better overclocking, most of the 780g's have 3 - 5 (my Biostar TA780g had 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom