Laptop shows weird screen on power

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
I believe this computer overheated and the video card which is integrated is now bad, I plugged it up to a external monitor and I got nothing, it wouldn't even switch to it. Supposedly it was on and it was laying on the bed for a long time. What you guys think?

2009-06-23201958.jpg

thanx for help guys :D

Looks like your monitor is dead or the video card is dead. Either way repair will probably cost just as much as a new laptop (unless it is a brand new one, in which case it would be under warranty and would be free to fix).

You can't see it on other monitors because you have to switch the video feed from local (the laptop monitor) to an external monitor. Meaning the video feed would be sent through the 15 pin blue connector on the back instead of through the monitor connected to the laptop.

Looks like your monitor is dead or the video card is dead. Either way repair will probably cost just as much as a new laptop (unless it is a brand new one, in which case it would be under warranty and would be free to fix).

You can't see it on other monitors because you have to switch the video feed from local (the laptop monitor) to an external monitor. Meaning the video feed would be sent through the 15 pin blue connector on the back instead of through the monitor connected to the laptop.

yes your speaking of vga, thats what I did.

Sounds like the video on the motherboard as gone bung. Could be a resolder. Could me a replacement of motherboard.

Make sure that your notebook does not require you to press a function key to switch over to an external monitor

Sounds like the video on the motherboard as gone bung. Could be a resolder. Could me a replacement of motherboard.

Make sure that your notebook does not require you to press a function key to switch over to an external monitor

yea I thought about that so I pressed a ton of buttons on the keyboard just to make sure lol. And it didnt switch at all

Most warranties will not cover that since it was neglect that caused the damage.

Leaving an operating computer on a surface that absorbs heat can cause it to freak out and melt some of the connectors on the Motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom