DVD player not reading dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoinTimeSublime

Baseband Member
I am trying to watch a DVD on my computer and i have a DVD player on it obviously but when i stick the cd in and then open and program to watch it, it just doesn't do anything or says there is no disk... I then open my computer and usually where it shows DVD drive it would say the name of the movie and yet it still says DVD/Cd-Rw Drive (E:). Does anyone have any ideas of why it's not reading my DVD?

Check the device manager to see if the device is working properly. If it is not, use the troubleshooting guide to figure it out.

If the device manager says it's working properly, make sure the drive is actually spinning the disk. The device manager will not ba able to tell you about a mechanical failure. I had the same problem a while back. The device manager said it was working fine but nothing would work. I finally realized the motor had went bad on the drive. After replacing the drive, all was well. Hope this helps. :)

Check for firmware updates from the manufacturer's site. Also, not all DVD players are equal. Some older ones will not read all formats such as DVD +R or RW or DVD-RAM. Make sure your DVD player is capable of reading the specific format. Check your DVD disc into another player to see if it is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom