Rate the Wire Management Above You!

9/10 pending the HDD cables ;) dude it just looks sexy too! Very clean looking.

You mean the DVD drive cable? The HD drive is reversed, no cable visible at all. For the DVD writer I removed the stock SATA power connection and used one of these "T" connects from performance-pcs instead:

Connectxâ„¢ T-SATA Female (crimp-type) - Black [ACR-CB8201] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

And then bought a 90 degree right angle to right angle SATA data cable so that it could be wired behind the board and would install flush to the board as one of the gpus covers the SATA slots.

A. C. Ryan Serial ATA II Data Cable 50cm (20") Right Angle to Right Angle - Black Products Model: ACR-SA6306-2 [ACR-SA6306-2] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

The end result, with some zip ties and zip tie anchors is this:

Picture052.jpg

Is that what you are referring to? Yeah...I've stealthed the front for a switch but I've never opened up the drive to hide those, for me to hide that sort of connection I've have to build an extension onto the case. Too much work for that small a gain, I'm ok with this slight cable showing.

Thanks for the luv guys :p I'd give myself a 9/10 for overall impression and a 9.5/10 for doing what I can considering the limitations. Maybe when I re-do the case I'll try for the 10 with some custom casings around the gpus...we'll see. Thanks for the comments.

that is very nice, good job man.

does any body know where i can find a 90 degree 24pin mobo power connector. similar to the sata one used above.

hmm, crap. there any to make one? guess not.

i just want to do something with my 24 pin mobo power connector because it's ugly. got any suggestions ?

One of these days i'm going to try it on an old mobo but you can actually sauder the 24 connections to their contacts on the BACK of the motherboard....then you can't see the connection at all from the front....just don't screw up :p

Back
Top Bottom