Constant BSOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingasis

In Runtime
Whenever I boot up into XP I start getting constant BSODs to the point where I can't even run an application... Here is the error code

0x0000007A (0xE182ACBC, 0xC000000E, 0XBF8FF70F, 017c1c860)

win32k.sys - Address BF8FF70F base at BF8000000, DateStamp 49e87572

My next guess would be the Hard Drive. Try a new cable and a different power molex if possible. You can also download a diagonistic tool from the drive manufacturer. If it's still in date you may be able to RMA it, if it's bad.

I would totally replace the hard drive if I could but it's a laptop >.< Just received another BSOd this one is different

0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x82A317A0, 0x82A31914, 0x805FB046)\

Okay now I just spoke to my friend and she said the only thing she needs is to just back everything up... is there a way to back everything up without actually booting into xp?

You could hook the laptop drive to a regular PC as a slave drive and copy everything to CD's or DVD's.

I'm not much of a Laptop person, maybe someone will show up to help you out.

STOP 0x0000007A or KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

This STOP error has the same underlying cause as 0x77 errors: A page of kernel data was not found in virtual memory (the page file). This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers or hardware problems, such as an improperly terminated SCSI device, bad blocks on the hard disk, or a conflict with the BIOS or other firmware on a disk controller. Run the Windows XP Check Disk utility as detailed in "Checking Disks for Errors," page 1237. If the disk manufacturer has a more comprehensive disk utility, use it to do a thorough check of each physical hard disk on the system.

If you don't have access to putting the drive in another computer:
Boot off of an XP disc, press R to enter recovery console, select the windows installation. Type in the admin password (if there isn't one, leave it blank). type in the following (without quotes): "chkdsk /r" and hit enter

If you can slave it in another PC:
Open up My Computer after you have attached it. Right click the drive > Properties > Tools tab > under Error Checking, press Check Now. Check both boxes and hit Start. It will say that it will be run at next reboot. Reboot the PC and let it perform the disk check.

Also, how long did you let the Memtest86+ run for? You're supposed to run it for a minimum of 4 hours (the longer the better).

Well according to the time difference left between slaymate's and mine I've only let it run for 10 minutes >.< I'll re run it and if it still passes I'll check through he recovery console and see how that tests out... As for for hard drive I'm thinking of going off to Best Buy and buying a 2.5" enclosure for it and opening up the laptop myself and taking out the hard drive that way and get the data off of it from it as that is the only thing I really need is the files and the computer itself really doesn't need any sort of revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom