Problem with GTX260

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrocide

Baseband Member
Hi there,

I have the XFX GTX 260 running under Windows 7 RC 64.

I am unable to play City of Villains for more than 2 minutes before it crashes to BSOD. Windows boots back up and displays that the problem originated from my video card. I have gone through updated fully on all my drivers, checked for anything in the nVidia forums about it and found nothing.

I can run Crysis, Fallout, Prototype, CoD:WaW all on max settings with no hiccups so I know my video card isn't going out.

Anyone have any suggestions?

The rest of my rig is as follows

E8500
8GB Ram
P5N-D
Asus Xonar DX
1TB WD HDD

I haven't used windows 7 so i can't be of much help. But I will address a couple of basics.

Have you tried running it under compatibility mode? Drivers up to date?

Yes, added to DEP list, running in compatibility mode, run as admin. Doesn't matter if I am in game chatting or in game fighting under extreme graphic pressure. Still crashes minutes after starting the game.

Are you overclocking your system? Some games just don't like being overclocked as much as others. If it is overclocked just try bumping it down a little :D

Well Windows 7 is a pre-release so I'm thinking it's just not quite right with either the game or the drivers need more work for the game.

Well Windows 7 is a pre-release so I'm thinking it's just not quite right with either the game or the drivers need more work for the game.

Yea I know there could be other issues...but you'll probably find the blame to be

"It's a beta still, some things won't work properly."

Theres one problem with the "blame it on 7" bandwagon.

This happened one XP Pro 32 and Vista Ultimate 64. Same stuff with the BSOD and the report coming back to the video card.

That's what I thought too.

I originally had the City of Villains game and then the City of Heroes games. This was on XP. Lost both games in a move and went and got the Good vs Evil edition of the games. Vista same thing, Win7 same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom