Gaming Desktop, good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abruh

Baseband Member
well as of right now I have a cheap budget and I'm looking for a gaming desktop. I have a mouse/keyboard/and a 21.5" screen (1080p Full HD)

I found this desktop on ebay, it has GT9800 it's only 525$ with free shipping what do you guys think of it? I'm no computer expert so I wanted to ask experts..

CPU AMD Athlon X2 6000+ Dual Core Processor @ 3.1GHZ Per core
Motherboard ABIT AN-M2 AM2 Motherboard
Memory 4 GB DDR2 800 MHZ Dual Channel (2x2GB with 2 slots open for 8GB max) **UPGRADE to 8GB**
Hard Drive 400GB SATA II 7200RPM Hard Drive
Optical Drive Dual layer DVD-RW Drive
Video Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512MB DDR3 256-BIT PCI EXPRESS Video Card Play any game with great frame rates!!!
Case
Black with large 10 Inch LED side brushless fan w/ 550 watt max Power Supply
OS Not Included (64-Bit Compatible and Recommended)
HD AUDIO On board 7.1 CH HD Audio w/ digital and analog out

*All system components are brand new. It will be professionally built and tested prior to shipping.
*All Manuals, Driver disks/CD's will be included!

Also a few questions, I know this might sound stupid but...I have wireless internet, and I run my laptop off of that, would I have to run the ethernet cable from my modem or whatever into that desktop? because my modem/router is downstairs and I would like to be able to access the internet upstairs and set my desktop up there is there a way to do this?

I'm getting a gaming desktop for high end raiding on world of warcraft, I'm looking to run on FULL graphics.

I use the mx1530 laptop, which I regret spending the money on, I could of built myself a way nicer comp with the money.

I'm not really looking to build my own rig, I would love to because it would seem to save money, but I wouldnt want to screw anything up/mess up the process and buy all the pieces and not be able to figure out how to doit.

thanks so much guys

Since you're working in dollars you'd be better off with someone from your part of the world to do so, but I would imagine something like the following would work well:

AMD Phenom II X3 720 (or possibly E8400)
Corsair TX650
GTX260 or HD4870

Those parts would last you ages. Would you need a case or would you use your current one?

Since you're working in dollars you'd be better off with someone from your part of the world to do so, but I would imagine something like the following would work well:

AMD Phenom II X3 720 (or possibly E8400)
Corsair TX650
GTX260 or HD4870

Those parts would last you ages. Would you need a case or would you use your current one?

To tell you the truth I just want an affordable gaming computer, used is fine. I know this might sound stupid but there has to be a desktop out there like this.

There quite likely is, but it will cost you $300 more than building yourself. Not to mention, a pre-built would come with a crap power supply (makes it difficult to upgrade) and a crap motherboard. And depending on how much you spend, a crap plastic case or crap metal case.

There quite likely is, but it will cost you $300 more than building yourself. Not to mention, a pre-built would come with a crap power supply (makes it difficult to upgrade) and a crap motherboard. And depending on how much you spend, a crap plastic case or crap metal case.

Understandable, could you maybe the components I would need to build a entire desktop? I really dont know all the pieces I would need.

Also within a small budget
thanks@!

He want's to play WoW. The PC he listed in more than enough to play WoW. He doesn't want to build.

As for your wireless router / modem being downstairs, you might consider buying a wireless card for the PC you get. Unless of course you have the ability to run wiring through the living space to your room upstairs?

He want's to play WoW. The PC he listed in more than enough to play WoW.
Not at full graphics it isn't (as requested), and he can get much better for the money than that even with a pre-built.

He doesn't want to build.
can you help me find a good gaming desktop/components?
I'm not especially experienced in finding desktops for gaming, so I did my best to recommend components.

you might consider buying a wireless card for the PC you get. Unless of course you have the ability to run wiring through the living space to your room upstairs?
I agree on the wireless card, probably the easiest solution than having cables trawling through the home, though I suppose that's personal preference.

Alright thanks for everything guys, but could someone show me some stuff I would need to build a desktop from newegg? I have no idea where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom