Nvidia new driver 186.18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I was running the 185.85 driver on XP and win 7 and both my COD 4 and WAW where crashing if I maxed everything out, and the fact I have a GTX 285 it just didn't make sense and started to think the card was failing, and then I figured I'd try the new driver after reading there where a few bugs with the driver I was running, and WOW what a difference it made. I now have everything maxed and running at 1680x1050 and it's smooth as butter with out so much as a jump in some very full games. I did this in win 7 and will be downloading the win XP ver. soon, Just haven't used XP for a while so have not done the update yet. So if your having any issues with your Nvidia card try the 186.18 driver, So much better. A few new toys in the control panel too but haven't played with those yet.

Dauntae

I was having one issue with Prototype where it would be really choppy for the first ten seconds of playing, but I got those drivers when I got the email reminder about 'em from nVidia and no more choppiness :)

im using the 185.85 because i have not had time to update it. I have not had any problems so far but im going to upgrade to the 186 soon as possible.

Upgraded to 186 yesterday, I don't notice any changes, but then again I am currently not playing any recently released games. Most of my play time is on TF2 so... :)

Oh what I did find strange is that 185 took more sweeps of Driver Cleaner.NET than usual to fully clear. Strange.

I use Driver Cleaner Pro, seemed to clean out 185.5 ok. But that was my only second time using that program so I can't really say. Too bad my gpu blew out before I could test this version :(. Sounds good from the first few posts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom