Tiger Direct... any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy.com has some good lappy prices. I get an email from ResellerRatings every day of bargains and they usually have one or two on there.

Here's a couple from the past few days:
Sony VAIO NS215N/S Notebook - VGNNS215N/S - Buy.com
$650 w/free shipping

MSI VR420 Notebook - 9S7-142212-044 - Buy.com
$400 w/free shipping

meh, i didnt really see what i was looking for at buy.com
I'm trying to find a decent laptop that has a good graphics processor and cpu, but lighter than 6.5 pounds and not a noisy battery hog. the laptop that looks good is the Asus - G50VT-X5 but the only site i can find that has it aside from amazon is ecomelectronics rrgh.
the site is "trusted" by cnet but i still don't know... I wish i could order off newegg but there are so many taxes now so i would be paying an extra 100-150 dollars

@baez so can i order off the canadian site with out paying exorbitant shipping prices?

Yes you can. They have warehouses in Canada and the US. When you're done your order just make sure to click on USA before entering your credentials etc.

That's why they provide a little thing called price match ;). All you need to give them is the website you found it on for cheaper and the price they have it listed for and you get it for the cheapest price every time. Eritech I haven't heard of.

Yeah, the TD online store is not that hot for the most part and the customer service sucks. You can occassionally find a good deal though. I will say if you are lucky enough to be near one of their B&M stores I find them to be a good experience.

I always use TigerDirect for parts. I have build 3 computers using there selection and depending where you are even if you select the cheapest shipping you might get your package in 1-2 days.

I have had good experiences with tiger, they usualy don't give me issues with my orders unless it's with rebates, but even newegg and there suppliers fail to honor theres for me...

One time, I had ordered a retail AMD Athlon 64 2800+ Newcastle, they sent me an OEM, but after talking to a manager of some sort, they sipped me a brand new heatsink, wasn't great, but far better than a stock one for free, all on first day air... That was my perk with them, they got **** solved, but they tend to cost more and have less variety, now when it comes to networking, they usualy have more choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom