Noob question..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you want a single PCB card then? Wouldn't a dual be better since both cards aren't using one board? Sorry to further the hijacking...

Because unlike the previous design, there's now an exhaust at the top, so it runs cooler because it'll port the hot air out

Oh I see. Would the dual PCB be better if it had an aftermarket cooler on it or is it just doomed from the start?

Having 2 PCB's doesn't make the card any faster or more efficient. It just makes it easier for the manufacturer to produce.

Really? I would have thought it does make it faster. I guess you learn something new everyday (or a lot of somethings if you are me ;))

The heat is much less and would be good if you can get your hands on it, well the Point of view version anyway, it has temps at about 75 load which is really quite good (keep in mind this is stress 100% load). The normal dual pcb version had temps around the high 80's, and yes they perform exactly the same.

That's a lot less :eek:. Yeah this is interesting stuff, I never would have known about this if it wasn't for this topic. Thanks for the info :).

Somehow all my topics end up long..they seem to drift off into randomness :p

Thanks everyone though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom