New Gaming/Work Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did you have the dog for? I would think you would be extremely ****ed, but if you had him at least for a few years you wouldn't have gotten rid of him. It must have been the last straw.

I feel bad for saying it but i picked him up on the side of the road about 6 months prior to that. I made sure he went to a good home, and i still check in on him....But i cant have that. None of my other animals ever did that. That machine was like 5 months old too.

Also does anyone recommend any other type of heatsink/fan combo for a EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboar. I dont want to OC to far. Just like 3ghz or so. Could i get away with stock fan at that speed?

It may, it may not, but I'd still worry about the temps..

Just get a cheap Xigmatek Rifle or Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer

Muffin Man has you a fine setup. Like others have mentioned the i7 920 is the smart choice.

The only changes I'll suggest are, the EVGA GTX 285 in-lieu of the XFX model
Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

and NewEgg doesn't have the best selection of Heatsinks, I like buying them from Performance-PCs. You should consider the Thermalright True 120 or the Prolimatech Megahalem instead of the Xigmatek.

Thermalright Ultra120 eXtreme-1366 RT Premium Heatpipe Cooler for Intel LGA1366 Products Model: ULTRA120-EXTREME1366-RT [ULTRA120-EXTREME1366-RT] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Prolimatech Megahalem for Intel Socket 775 /1366 Products Model: MEGAHALEM [MEGAHALEM] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
and a good multi-speed fan, this one has blue LEDs
Cooler Master Y720DCD-25T1-GP 120mm Blue LED Silent Fan 110CFM 16dBA - Sleeved Products Model: Y720DCD-25T1-GP [Y720DCD-25T1-GP] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

And video cards in SLI usally run hotter than normal, a couple of these coolers will keep them chilly on the hottest of days (and quieter). They fit the GTX 260, 280 & the 285 :D
Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME GTX 280 Products Model: ACCELX280 [ACCELX280] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

those fans are not great, they can get very loud at about 38dB slaymate, and i can imagine that being very annoying while your trying to work. Get the 120 extreme with one of these fans
SilverStone Suscool Ultra Quiet Case Fan with Automatic Thermal Control - 80mm - Sleeved Products Model: SST-SUSCOOL81 [SST-SUSCOOL81] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
you really wouldnt want a fan past about 25dB, and a that rate they usually push air in the mid0high 20's in terms of CFM.

I would say you should go with a cheaper motherboard like the p6t v2/gigabyte ud5/biostar x58 which is fine for what you need. Then get your pair of gtx285's and a decent sized hdd, thats all you really need. The extreme cpu is not worth the premium, you can save alot of cash by making smart choices.

I use to leave my case open until a dog did his duty on a $2000 build =\ Doggy got a new home the next day.

What was a 2 grand computer doing low enough to where a dog could do that? I've had a few of my dogs for a long time, but I would never trust them around a computer within "distance".

those fans are not great, they can get very loud at about 38dB slaymate, and i can imagine that being very annoying while your trying to work.

I didn't say they were Great. I said it was a good blue led fan. And it is a multispeed/ adjustable fan so the sound can be quiet or louder as required.

I didn't say they were Great. I said it was a good blue led fan. And it is a multispeed/ adjustable fan so the sound can be quiet or louder as required.
i didnt bother to look at the link,i did not realize it was adjustable speed, it should be fine since it pushes 100 at full speed, it should get around mind 20 or so CFM in silent mode.

What was a 2 grand computer doing low enough to where a dog could do that? I've had a few of my dogs for a long time, but I would never trust them around a computer within "distance".

I keep mine right on the ground, and I have a dog. I'm sure it never would have happened to him if it had been enclosed in a case instead of just open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom