Rate the Wire Management Above You!

MUCH BETTER! 9/10 for sure... agreed on the 10/10... has to be perfect... sleeved and practically no visible wires...

MUCH BETTER! 9/10 for sure... agreed on the 10/10... has to be perfect... sleeved and practically no visible wires...

No visible wires is getting almost impossible to do, especially with the power requirements on the new gpus, for example, you want to run dual 285s, how are you going to hide the 4 6-pin power cables connecting to the card? They're positioned right out front now, makes hiding them next to impossible.

I consider a number of things when looking at peoples wire management. If I was considering it simply as wire management (forget aesthetics) and with stock resources (no mobo cutting) then I'd give this a 9/10.

The other consideration I look for is case and other limitations, some cases just suck for wire management and as mentioned above the new gpus suck for hiding cables. But that doesn't really apply in this case.

So, for this job I'd give a 9/10 unless including aesthetics in which case I'd drop it to about an 8/10. To get it to a 10/10 I'd need to see some mobo cutting and sleeving.

my 2 cents on wire management.

No visible wires is getting almost impossible to do, especially with the power requirements on the new gpus, for example, you want to run dual 285s, how are you going to hide the 4 6-pin power cables connecting to the card? They're positioned right out front now, makes hiding them next to impossible.

I consider a number of things when looking at peoples wire management. If I was considering it simply as wire management (forget aesthetics) and with stock resources (no mobo cutting) then I'd give this a 9/10.

The other consideration I look for is case and other limitations, some cases just suck for wire management and as mentioned above the new gpus suck for hiding cables. But that doesn't really apply in this case.

So, for this job I'd give a 9/10 unless including aesthetics in which case I'd drop it to about an 8/10. To get it to a 10/10 I'd need to see some mobo cutting and sleeving.

my 2 cents on wire management.

Completely agree, that's why i said "practically no wires showing"... meaning no wires showing that are not absolutely necessary..

well here is my new "rig"

just fitted it all in my new awesome case ^^

i still haven't fitted my cd/rom or card reader in as i have no usb plugs on the board for some reason :S and my cd rom well yeah it sucks so im just going to wait till i get a new one then fit that and getting a new HDD when i can as i HATE IDE cables!!!!!

here it is!

P.S ill do more wire management when i put the new cdrom hdd in ect

SORRY if the pics are big i cant re size them =[

Might as well as add my folding rig to the thread now that it's done. Unfortunately there isn't much I could do to hid the gpu cables.

Picture048.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Back
Top Bottom