Computer Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
well im kind of confused sorry but cant i just take the mother board out and get a new powersupply

well i already have a monitor

Hefe's build would serve you longer, but it does not include an optical drive.

For God's sake, do not buy an LG drive! I've got an LG doorstop sitting here beside me... worked for a couple of weeks and died. Their RMA policy is basically you don't get one because they will find something wrong with it and return it.

If you already have a computer, post the make and model of it. You should be able to reuse some of it. If the case will work that would save you some dosh right there, as well as the optical drive. A new hard drive may be the way to go, though.

Antec Three Hundred Cool and Quiet Gaming Case - Aria Technology with this right does this come with components within this such as a basic mother board,ram ect

It be better if u just start from scratch yeah bare bones come with sometimes bad pieces..

I am from America so i can't really help you out. But yeah just start from scratch a cheap computer like you stated will obviously come with bad parts and you'll need to upgrade them all so it's better to just build your own.

With the items you have stated would it come with serial ata cables?

and also how much could i get vista home premium for and is there another way of transfering vista from one computer to another?

A retail motherboard will come with SATA cables, as would a retail hard drive.

If you are concerned with an operating system, download and install Windows7 for now. The Release Candidate is awesome and you won't have to buy the license until next year.

so what about the disk tray and the dual core processor because i need help cause some of theses names are kind of confusing like which is an optical drive which would be the cheapest yet a good price for it

well ive been looking around on currys website and i found
Intel® Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor
(2.33GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium
4GB DDR2 memory
512MB NVIDIA® GeForce 9800GT
all of that for just £550

can you please help me which one i should do cause i thik it will be fun making it and all but i want to know how much i would save all together if i made it rather than buying the same equivilent in a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom