May we expect any New ATI cards? New AMD Chipset Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
Two questions in one thread..

I'm planning a new Board and DUAL GPU and new case build for later this year.

-Are there any rumors of any new ATI Cards coming out anytime by the end of this year or early next year??

-Has AMD been doing anything as far as new Chipsets?? As far as I know the 790gx is their best set.

TIA! :cool:

-EDIT-

How much better is the 4890 over my current 4870? Is it worth it to switch and buy two? I want X-fire.

Well, the HD 4890 has the capabilities to hit 1000mhz Core, which is an amazing feat on its stock cooler!

As for the new cards and boards, there's really not been any information disclosed (yet) about when that's going to happen.

I would be amazed if my XFX 4890 hit 1000mhz on it's stock cooler...it idles at 60c and load at 76c on stock settings.

The 4890 is probably the worst bang for buck card ATI has, but it is still pretty cool that it can overclock to 1ghz.

That is true, it maybe their worst Bang for the buck they have out right now, but its really worst of the best in that case... actually even the HD 4770 is starting to come up as low bang for the buck; due to the HD 4850 becoming so cheap!

Yeah, if the 4850s stay that cheap, the 4770s are almost pointless. As it was a few weeks ago, the 4770s in crossfire were the bet bang for buck...they beat out the 4890.

We shall see.

Because you can't do crossfire with the heat. ;)

Yeah I know ;), but now I am getting the same heat from 1 4890 that I was with the crossfire 4850 haha. If I could use a facepalm pic for myself I would. Oh well, I love the card any way and I didn't know it would run that hot... not like it will catch on fire so no biggy :p. I just need to figure out what to do with the left over 4850s...seems kind of null to me because they are only 512mb and my resolution is 1920x1080p. I suppose I will sell and buy a new case.

Well, the HD 4890 has the capabilities to hit 1000mhz Core, which is an amazing feat on its stock cooler!

From most of the tests I've seen on Hexus.net and other sites, most cards need voltage mods to really hit 1Ghz. An ASUS with a factory voltage mod AND better than stock cooling could not hit it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom