how do i remote access another computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
My friend has problems with his computer again, and i feel bad for him traveling an hour to my house just so i can fix it when i probably can just remote access. Me techie, he isnt. We both have Vista too. Has problems that also affected his internet connection, so that is another issue too but i will try remote access still anyways.

any higher level techies know much about remote access with Vista?

I'm a fan of Logmein, but that is also because a lot of computers i'm connecting to are XP and I never had a ton of luck with XP's remote tool.

Vista is a different story, the Remote Assistance is a great tool - especially if this is just one PC. Use a tool like logmein if you need to connect to multiple computers and keep them organized.

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but do you have to be running the same OS as the computer you are trying to access/control?

getting many answers, so to sum it all up, what is the best freeware or option i can use that would be easiest for him to understand?

TeamViewer is super simple to use, actually. I highly recommend it. I use it for several computers I take care of for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom