Tiger Direct... any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
Im thinking about buying some stuff off tiger direct, but before I do does anyone have anything positive/negative to say about tiger direct?

(sorry, i dint know which category to post this in)

Tired Direct kinda sucks for the most part. I've found their customer service to be crap, and their prices are normally higher than newegg.

Also, newegg has a wider variety of stuff.

I tend to avoid TD. There's been a couple times where I've ordered something that was in stock. They accepted the order but then sent an email saying the item was backordered. This has also happened to me on ZipZoomFly's site a couple times. Newegg is by far the premiere eVendor.

Please avoid TD. The store near me is basically lazy slumps on a chair. I called them one day and asked them for a iceq turbo 4670, they said they 2 on stores i went to the store and there wasn't, and that was the TD address where the card was located.

Summary -
Customer Service SUCKS
Prices are not that bad like in the mid range but i recommend newegg it's way better.

Please avoid TD. The store near me is basically lazy slumps on a chair. I called them one day and asked them for a iceq turbo 4670, they said they 2 on stores i went to the store and there wasn't, and that was the TD address where the card was located.

Summary -
Customer Service SUCKS
Prices are not that bad like in the mid range but i recommend newegg it's way better.

ok... well, are their any other sites that are good besides newegg because i am getting hammered by all these california taxes they have on electronics. specifically i am looking to get a laptop. i was also looking at ecomelectronics, and ecost.com. any thoughts on either of those?

You can check Buy.com I don't believe they have CA taxes. I don't know anything about the other two.

Edit: Heard good stuff about ncixus.com as Baez suggested but I've never bought from them myself.

I would avoid TD like the plague. The last straw for them was when they sent me a laptop that was clearly reserviced and had a defective optical drive to boot but was listed as New. They'll never get my business again after that.

Same Jord. I've had plenty of "refurbished disputes" with them.

Also NCIX has updated their site but for some reason only the Canadian version rght now.

This is the newer one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom