10K Build, not kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
for case go for lian li pcx2000 other thing hmmmmm u cant go beyond 5000$ only if u just throw the cash and for gfx go for quadro fx :p

That was unreliable. With the cpu clocked at 3.2Ghz what we see is 4 cards being bottlenecked worse than 3 cards. If someone wants to send me a couple of GTX 295 to try out (I'll send them back) I'll show you some real fps :D

That was unreliable. With the cpu clocked at 3.2Ghz what we see is 4 cards being bottlenecked worse than 3 cards. If someone wants to send me a couple of GTX 295 to try out (I'll send them back) I'll show you some real fps :D

you are proud of your system I understand,
but don't be foolish and throw around the fact that you can spend 4k on a computer in here as if we're just a bunch a lil 4th graders gawking at everything.

Tri-sli beats out quad-sli, I thought that was common knowledge. I guess not.

vee dub knows, and you have to understand that whoever is forking out this ignorant amount of money for a computer (especially the way the economy is) doesn't understand much about computers at all

Tri-sli beats out quad-sli, I thought that was common knowledge. I guess not.

It's not common knowledge and it's not true.

And I can spend money during these dire economic times because it's not no dire when your making money with your computer. And I make money drawing House Plans which is even better considering the Housing Market has collapsed, or has it.

it seems to very alot review to review, the gtx285 tri-sli will be better for benchmarking but both setups seem to beat each other at different games, overall i would conclude tri-sli is better and cheaper, but it also requires tri sli capable board and bigger psu.

I'd like to throw in a $8k build.

LIAN LI PC-P80
ASUS P6T7 WS
3x EVGA 02G-P3-1185-AR GTX285
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Bloomfield
4x Raid1+0 OCZ Summit OCZSSD2-1SUM250G
2x G.SKILL Perfect Storm 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000
LG 22X DVD±R DVD
LG Black 6X Blu-ray Disc Burner
ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1
Killer NIC M1 Gaming Network Card
Apexi H20 Water Cooling Kit
3x Accelero XTREME GTX 280

Obviously, water cooling for overclocking CPU purposes, the Accelero for overclocking the VGAs. A tad bit over $8k pricing from the right vendors.

seriously 4 summits in raid! theres no way i can justify the price you will pay for the performance gain. If you minus those solid states and the Ethernet card its a plausible build.

I got him a beast of a build for under $10k.

I justify it completely for saving his buddy $2k.

Hes going to have 6GB of VRAM which he can overclock way upwards toward 24-2500MHz and the core clock over 700MHz. 1TB solid state in a RAID1+0 plenty of room and speed. The i7 can be clocked close to 4.5+ with the help of the Apex WC. Intel got their i7 to OC to 5.07GHz air-cooled.

Crucial has 4GB sticks...but the price for a pack of 3x4GB sticks was over $900 so I just stuck with GSkill and 12GB total RAM.

I despise all things creative, and actually have the ASUS DX in my rig, which i just fugged up trying to get a tri-boot working, and it is actually really nice sound. Better yet, this card wasn't built for Vista, but hey a driver was put out to fix that...unlike creative putting out a new sound card to fix it.

The Ethernet card, I had mixed feeling on. I have seen/read reviews that are great performance increase, and then worse than the on board Ethernet card. I threw it in there because if it doesn't increase performance it still looks cool ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom