first gaming build/budget 1600/is this a good rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeartie

Beta member
Case- Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
MOBO- Foxconn BloodRage GTI LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
Video card- GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
PSU-CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
CPU-Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920
RAM-OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK
HARD DRIVES Western Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - OEM and Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives
MONITER-SAMSUNG ToC T220 Rose-Black 22" 2ms GTG Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
DVD Burner-SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F - OEM

are the psu and mobo compatiable? and also feel free to post any builds that u think would be better thanks

Your case might be too small. That video card will take up a LOT of room, try looking for a full tower case.

Oh, and try post the links to the items so we can see if it is compatible. (use URL tags to turn the name of the items into links to the item on the website)

Hey just to let you know that Rose-black on the monitor looks fruity as **** your call I guess.

Why two hard drives? If you really want two you should get two of the same and set up a RAID array. On the other hand if you want a really fast drive keep one and get an SSD.

These cases just recommendations, it's your call what you want your computer to look like.

Newegg.com - Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-US-BA-WOPSU Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
I have used this one before and I like it.

Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
This is one of the best cases out there but it's expensive.

Looks good otherwise

He is getting 1 hard drive for os and 1 hard drive for data which is the way to do it.

If you wanted raid for speed I would have 3 drives. 2 for raid0 for os and programs and a third for data. Never want data on a raid0 array. (at least not data you care about)

The WD blacks are plenty fast as a single drive for most people's needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom