What brand of RAM for a Dell upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'll have to get back to you on that, I can't do crap from where I am right now. I'm at my grandparents house, they have a nice computer but the dial up is slow. I'll be on later tonight.

EDIT: I can say to stay away from ValueRam. I have had a bad experience with that, and it isn't the greatest.

Yeah I won't be re-using the RAM. I'm going to replace it with the new RAM and just trash the old crap. Will OCZ work? I've never used that brand before.

You know what, I have never had problems with crucial, but I havent really had any with ocz either (except a faulty stick which I got rma'd). I think this would do you best now that I really think about it- http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-541&depa=1 . Also if your just going to trash the old crap, how much do you want for it? I'm in the process of buying new memory and I will be out a computer for a while unless I could get this from you.

lazerman, thanks for all the help with the memory. I really appreciate it. As for the RAM, what do you think is a good price. It is 2x128 MB (256 MB total) of Kingston DDR PC2700 running at 2.5-3-3-7 according to cpu-z. The sticks have been used for a little over a year, so what do you think would be a fair price. Go ahead and private message me and we'll talk about it.

It says you have chosen not to receive pm's. Anyways, I'm not sure how much it would be worth.You can buy a stick of 256mb pc2700 for about $50 so like $60 is what that may cost new because it's two sticks of 128mb. The ram I'm selling now is going for half the retail price, and it's only a month old. I am not so sure about it right now. I think I might hold off until I get my corsair xms pc3200 ram. You can try selling that ram in the buy/sale/trade forum of this site. I think $20-$25 shipped is a good price for the age of that memory.

Alright man sounds good. Thanks again for the help and good luck with the Corsair XMS. I have some of it right now, and couldn't be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom