Do I need cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROFL_A_PIGGY

In Runtime
If I have this card which is superclocked, do I need to buy a cooling system at this moment, or can it wait a couple of months?

EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

EDIT: Oh and does anyone know of a good dvd/game rom disc drive that I can buy? The one that I wanted is now deactivated :(

What do you mean by cooling system? I assume some sort of watercooling. Or do you mean just add another couple fans? Either way unless you're having heat issues there's no need for either.

Yeah watercooling. Ok thanks, I'll try it without the cooling first and hopefully it won't get overheated.

EDIT: I'm about to buy all the parts to build a computer in about 10 mins, so I wanted to ask that.

I already have the money, and I'll be buying the parts today, so I'm trying to decide if I should get a Radeon HD 4890 or a GTX 260 core 216 superclocked (performance wise).

Oh, and does SLI in benchmark tests mean that it is hooked up with another GPU? I know that SLI lets you hook more than one GPU, but in benchmark tests does it mean that it is tested with two of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom