a little upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will work but there were problems with that line at load.

The +12v rail had ripples at high load causing instability. So make sure you're not pushing too much power out of it.

It will work but there were problems with that line at load.

The +12v rail had ripples at high load causing instability. So make sure you're not pushing too much power out of it.

Ah better not risk it then and just buy a new one and a 650W one then?
Also heres a question : What does crossfire mean?
Because i wanted to purchase this one right now ...

Newegg.ca - ASUS EAH4890/HTDI/1GD5 Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

But i dont know what Voltage Tweak means.

Because i dont wanna get this only to see the 5000 series come out tomorrow. is it?!?! lol

No the 5000 series isn't coming out for a little while. No use in waiting.

Crossfire is ATI's version of SLI. It means that you can put two of the same cards in your computer and link them together to improve performance

Voltage tweaking is for overclocking your video card. Higher voltages can allow you to get a higher stable overclock. Too much voltage though and you can burn out your card and increasing your voltage also increases the heat output of the cards. I take it you won't be overclocking though so don't worry about it.

You should get this one instead of the Asus though. It is cheaper and will work just as well. XFX also has better customer support and a great warranty.

Newegg.ca - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

That was probably a typing error because there is no such thing as DDR5. Graphics cards only use GDDR memory which is different from DDR memory. Plus, all 4890 cards are made pretty much the same, with some slight differences from the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom