1k Gaming/First Time Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm going to order these parts on monday probably. Just looking for a final check on everything.

Cpu/Mobo
Phenom X4 Deneb 940
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX
Newegg.ca - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

PSU
Corsair
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
Newegg.ca - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

RAM
Gskill
Newegg.ca - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Desktop Memory

GPU
XFX HD-485X-ZDFC Radeon HD 4850
Newegg.ca - XFX HD-485X-ZDFC Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Case
COOLER MASTER Centurion
Newegg.ca - COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-SKN2-GP Black / Silver Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

HardDrive
Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB
Newegg.ca - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

I decided to ditch the cpu cooler for now. I really need a computer so when I get some more money I'll get the cooler. I have an IDE CD/DVD drive I intend to use for now. I also have an IDE hard drive currently, could I plug that one in as well (either or dvd-drive/harddrive) just to save a couple hours of copying onto the new disk?

Sorry I didn't edit the OP, for some reason I couldn't find the edit function...

all good, if you plan to overclock which you should a cpu cooler would be a must and will prevent you from having to take out the motherboard to install it if you buy them all at the same time. The artic cooler is actually a great cooler for the price, much better then stock.

after far as the best air coolin goes, this isnt far outthe mark of the very best cooler
Newegg.ca - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

but something a bit cheaper would be one of these two.
Newegg.ca - XIGMATEK XP-S964 92mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.ca - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Hmm that is a good point, never put a motherboard into a case but I guess it would be rather annoying to do twice. For 30.99 and free shipping probably can't go wrong with that Arctic cooler. Thanks for the tip.

no problem, of course the exception to this is if you have a case that has a removable motherboard tray or access to the CPU bracket underneath in which case you can easily put on the new cooler.

Well I ordered the parts on the 22nd, it is now the 26th and they still haven't shipped. Newegg is ridiculously annoying, first you can't ship to an address not listed on your credit card; so instead of shipping it to a friend's in town, I have to send it way out farther in the country to the post office. A 40 min drive... and now there's something wrong with my credit card info when it was right before the shipping address was changed...

Probably my first and last time ordering from them. I bought clothes from hollister California twice now with no problems, a bose airplane headset from the states, golf clubs, and lego mindstorms NXT. All of them went through no problem. Just annoys me cause I'm going on vacation next week which is hopefully when they'll get here, so I've wasted 3 weeks for no reason. Edit: They're shipping from New Jersey apparently, which isn't even that far from Ontario..

But it's probably just me, parents got the great idea of living way out in the middle of nowhere. Usually that's not a problem because you can ship it somewhere else, but not with newegg, which is dumb, they should have some sort of other verification..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom