Photoshop Lag with quad core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
I notice that when I drag images in photoshop my computer gets a bit laggy and takes awhile to render the image so its really choppy when moving them. For my specs I think my computer should be able to handle what I'm working with no problem. When I drag the image I opened up task manager and I see that the cpu use only goes up to about 25% but only one of the cpus really spikes. The memory is at about 1 GB in usage. My specs are in my sig, any idea why my computer seems to be "slacking" here?

edit: the more I think about it maybe it has something to do with my graphics card. It seems like all my windows get a bit of a lag when drag them. Theres defiantly something not right. Even a really small 72 ppi image I get huge lag when dragging and image in it. I have all the latest drivers and just reformatted so I don't what the problem is.

Did this ever happen before?

What are some temperatures of your Processor and Video card when this is occurring?

Does this occur any other time? (Doing anything else)

I don't think it happened before at least not this bad. I switch off using my mac and my pc but I would have noticed this. The temps are all normal the cpu is around 35C and the gfx is 50-55C. When I drag the images the only thing that really rises is the case temperature and its only a few degrees.

Does this occur anywhere else? (In-game, other programs, etc)

Try to re-install, and may I ask where your getting your photoshop from?

I don't really know where to check if its happening anywhere else. I know it seems like there is sometype of general lag going on, like when I minimize a window thats ontop of a window sometimes its really slow to minimize and kind of pixelates away, if that makes any sense and thats not in photoshop thats just regular windows and other programs.

I tried 2 different version of photoshop cs4 and they both had the problem. Now I'm trying cs3 and its not happening, or atleast as bad. I still see some jaggy edges as I drag objects, which is something I really shouldnt be getting with this setup. Atleast I would imagine so.

I would blame it on the RAM.

What OS are you using? 2gb is usually enough for things..but if it's using 1gb that's only leaving half for the system..which if you're using Vista this could cause some spikes..

I would blame it on the RAM.

What OS are you using? 2gb is usually enough for things..but if it's using 1gb that's only leaving half for the system..which if you're using Vista this could cause some spikes..

Good thinking, I always miss the small stuff.
I could have swore his signature said he had 4GB of ram.
Haha, yeah, this could be the issue though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom