Trouble installing Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowDan

Solid State Member
I have been having trouble getting games to install. I installed Dawn of War and when the install gets to the point of publishing product information the install disappears and my computer goes to desktop.

Same problem with Rome Total war. Last things it does is Register product then I see it publishing product information then No error message just goes to desktop and there is no game file installed on my computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It seems like there is a problem with the harddrive where it is trying to write the info have you tried a different partion

Running windows xp and have had alot of games on it, just the last 2 that dont want to work and they both go to desk at the same point.

With total war it is after the 3 discs have installed and the blue progress line goes all the way across, it says to put in disc #1 again. Then it has the message in the progress box that it is registering product, that is replaced by publishing product information then it shuts off and im at windows screen.

I been checking the bug forums for total war and found what may be the problem. Seems alot of people are saying that the windows xp service pack 2 has an instalshield problem that causes this crash in games.

Anyone know anything about that?

Yeah there are some problems with service pack 2 I had a problem installing sims 2 and doom 3 so all I did was unistall it then it started to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom