windows xp recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0nk1ek0ng

Baseband Member
hey guys, my computer recently had a virus and i didnt want to go to best buy or any other computer stores that can fix for money and i asked my friend for his recovery cd that he burnt for himself and he used it when he had a virus and he doesnt play games so it doesnt affect to what hes doing on the computer but me and him think that when he burnt the recovery cd he might have missed some files and some programs on the computer wont work or has many errors. so i want to know if i can get a link to anywhere that i can download a fresh pack and burn it to use with full files and none missing. thanks if anyoen can help :)

His CD was designed for his computer not your's you will either need a copy of XP home or pro OEM and your drives.

You have to get a copy of XP that matches your install.

XP Home OEM, XP Home Retail, XP Pro OEM, XP Pro Retail

You can not use a Pro CD on a Home install and you can not use a OEM CD on a Retail install.

but the thing is we have the same computer. :)

and i dont want to buy one lol, i want to burn one

Option 1) Call M$ and have them send you a replacement disk (some say its free, some say there's a small fee; depends who you get on the phone I assume).

Option 2) Go to a local PC shop and see if they can make you a copy of an XP disk that they have

Option 3) Look around for an OEM copy of your version of XP.

im gonna look around and if that doesnt work ill prob get a new pc or try to get the cd.

ok i went to the hp site and it will show me step by step on how to recover the whole thing to its original thing like when its first bought, but when i followed the steps i came to where it said click "HP Tools" in the all programs, i dont have it so does anyone know where i can get that?

but the thing is we have the same computer. :)

and i dont want to buy one lol, i want to burn one

Having the same PC does not guarantee that you have the same OS.

Also copying the CD wouldnt apply if it doesnt meet the requirements i already stated.

i couldnt find the hp tools to download and when i try to contact an hp person they would make me buy something first. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom