Stacker 810 Work Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assembly has started. Thou I still have a few parts on order and a few things to finish on the case.

hardware1.jpg

hardware2e.jpg

Well it's almost finished. I still have to finish the front intake but I'm waiting on the fans to arrive. I'm also waiting on my Black Thumbscrews.

case10.jpg

case11.jpg

case12.jpg

case13.jpg

I installed Windows XP 64-bit as my version of AutoCad has a compatibility issue with Vista. I thought about using Windows 7 but this in my Workstation and I don't want to take any chances.

I ran a couple of Benchmarks :D

ORB - Compare

benchies.jpg

D0 holding solid. 4.0 with ~ 1.3vcore. nice.

what would you guess the temp delta at between your copper and the reg TRUE?

Knowing that they are different cpus hence different heat created. Still would be interesting to know.

Only thing I can find that would be a bad idea is the south bridge heatsink is blowing heated air right into the fan of the GPU heatsink... Then the north bridge is blowing hot air right into the fan of the CPU.... :-\

The gpu is idleing around 30-35dC and under load I've seen 52dC with a 100Mhz overclock.

When I got to work I replaced the silver 38cfm cpu fan with a Silverstone 100+ cfm fan and my temps dropped from the Hi 40's to the Hi 30's at idle @ 4.2Ghz with 1.3 volts. But it wasn't stable with the LinX test. I upped the volts to 1.35 and it's good to go. At idle my temps are on par with the True Copper but at load the temps are 2-3dC higher. But I'm never stressing it at work so I may just drop my volts to as low as they'll go and still run my programs reliably.

Interesting, I figured it would heat up quite a bit from the sb/nb heatsinks blowing into them... Guess that huge side mesh vent helps a lot....

Well I'm waiting on a new sata dvd player and a blue led fan for the cpu. But I snapped a couple of pictures for all to gaze upon :D

case14.jpg

case15.jpg

I started RealTemp up this morning and left it running all day to see what my daily temps are going to be. The hottest it got was when it was running a virus scan while I was at lunch. You can also check out the latest house plan I'm working on :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom