First post, third time, Interested in input

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHawks73

Baseband Member
Well I had about 6 paragraphs worth of information, 2 other times and I guess I timed out both times... ****ed me off so here is a nutshell version...

I have a dv9640us HP Pavillion Entertainment Laptop
HP Pavilion dv9640us Entertainment - Core 2 Duo T5250 1.5 GHz - 17" TFT specs and Laptop specifications - CNET Reviews

It currently has 2G of RAM and I want to upgrade to 4G (max for computer)

I use this computer for 90% gaming (LOTRO is my game of choice, MMORPG)

I also do the basic email, surf internet, and watch DVD's too

Questions:

I need to know what brand/type of 2GB RAM sticks to buy, looking to spend <$75 on total

Also, this Lappy has 256MB dedicated for video/gaming, should I/can I upgrade that after I upgrade total RAM?

Anything else you suggest for minor upgrades for a better gaming/computer experience, perferably in the <$100 range...

Thanks in advance, the other posts were a little more lengthy, but I guess I covered everything anyways.

-David

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Laptop Memory Model F2-5300CL5D-4GBSK - Laptop Memory
$64.99

or

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Laptop Memory Model F2-5300CL5D-4GBSK - Laptop Memory
$49.99

depending on how much you want to spend...

I would also recommend that you get a memory optimization program such as memturbo 4. Its great for gamers who want to allocate more memory towards a particular active program.
Welcome to Memturbo

hope I helped

Smash,

hi,

you posted in the wrong forum, no biggie though a mod will move it. for a ram upgrade, look into this set for $49:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Laptop Memory Model F2-5300CL4D-4GBSQ - Laptop Memory

its got better cas 4 timings.

but also know, if you're currently using 32-bit windows it won't recognize all 4 gigs, only like 3.5 gigs. you'll have to upgrade to a 64-bit windows if you want to utilize all 4 gigs. well still not all 4 because your gpu will be sharing some too.

Thanks for the advice all! I will go ahead and order that after next payday.

Thanks again guys!

-David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom