First time gaming pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiveoh

Solid State Member
I have recently started my first gaming pc build and would just like to post what ive been thinking of getting so far. Let me know what you guys think of it, feel free to make suggestions and post what you think would be best. I dont really wanna spend over $900 but can go to $1000 if necessary :p

MOBO/CPU: XFX XFX nForce 750i SLI Intel Q8200 CPU Bundle
GPU: Newegg.com - XFX GS250XZDFC GeForce GTS 250 1GB Core Edition 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
RAM: undecided (you guys recommend something)
CASE: Newegg.com - Thermaltake V9 Black Edition ATX Computer Gaming Chassis with Dual Oversized 230mm Ultra-Silent Cooling Fans VJ400G1N2Z Mid Tower - Computer Cases
HDD: undecided
OPTICAL DRIVE: just one i am gonna take out of my old computer
PSU: undecided, need some help on that one

im not sure about the mobo and the cpu, should i go with the 790i? Is the DDR3 memory worth it? Is it really that much better then DDR2 memory?

Let me know what you guys think of it. I already have the GPU and OS so thats done, haha.

hi there,

i reckoned that you could get a nice i7 build for $1k, so i put something together that is a hair over your budget with better parts.

CPU/MOBO: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

RAM/GPU: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

HDD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

CD/DVD: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

CASE: Newegg.com - Thermaltake V9 Black Edition ATX Computer Gaming Chassis with Dual Oversized 230mm Ultra-Silent Cooling Fans VJ400G1N2Z Mid Tower - Computer Cases

the total comes to $997.92 + $22 for shipping.

but if you send all the rebates, you get $70 back which would make the total cost around $950.

this setup has the case you wanted included. i included a cd/dvd burner drive but you can remove it to lower the cost more since you said you already had a drive.

the gpu that is included has equal performance to the gts 250 in a combo with quality ddr3 ram.

instead of using vista ultimate, get the win 7 rc which is free for one year, it is MUCH better than vista. you can get it here:

Windows 7 Release Candidate

Okay, thanks. I never really thought about an i7 build but it looks good to me. But since i already have the OS and GPU ill probably use the GTS 250 and vista ultimate. Cant i have both the operating systems on my harddrive though, and use them both?

oo, had you already said that you have the gpu and os? i dont recall seeing that, lol.

ok, then for the ram, just get the ram thats in the combo without the gpu, it should save you a bit more money.

about the OS's, yes you can have two on the same hdd, but the win 7 rc is much better by far than any verison of vista including ultimate. if you really want to use vista ultimate, then you can install that, and install win 7 on a seperate partiton if you want to "try before you buy" in a sense.

but im pretty sure that you will not want to go back to vista once you use 7

edit: thx Trotter :D

lol oh okay ill check out win 7. :) if i really like it ill just sell vista or something, haha!

sell it before you open it, unless its too late, leave it in the white box it comes in, that way you will get a better price. But i did see that windows 7 comes out October 22nd so you can buy it then if you want.

thanks. yeah i havn't opened it yet. but i think ill probably end up keeping it anyways. thanks though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom