And it begins, New Build: Project HAFshell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think zip ties would be more prone to leak then worm drives. But if your not having problems then they probably won't leak.

Anyway, nice build, loop, and oc there mate.

lots of pics! the only thing i'm missing now are the UV lights and blue front fan... which SHOULD be here tomorrow.. :) also missing top drive bay holder..but new one is on order...

DSC_1114-2.jpg

DSC_1115-3.jpg

DSC_1117-3.jpg

DSC_1118-1.jpg

DSC_1121.jpg

DSC_1123-1.jpg

One thing is odd though... I had to take it apart to fix a small leak, and when I re-seated the CPU block, my temps now range about 6-7*C between cores... largest I saw before was 5*... I re-seated it 2 more times, with the same result.. any ideas?

^nice wire management mate. I have the haf and i could not route most of the cables where i wanted because it is such a big case compared to my old lexa blackline case. Still have not got the extension cables, and the longer right angle sata cables.

(well i don't really have an address to recieve them at right now anyway even if i ordered them, but i will on july 13th)

That has to be one of the most awesome setups I've seen in a LONG time ^_^ I can't wait to see it in it's full, finished form.

appreciate the compliments guys! apparently my fan and lights were delivered yesterday, yet I don't have them? I hate USPS sometimes... now I have to deal with finding my missing crap...

question... you guys think I should have the rad fans blowing into the case or out of? currently it has 4 exhaust fans (3x120 on the rad, 140mm on the back) and 3 intakes (230mm on panel, infront, and a 120mm in the optical drive bay) ... was thinking i'd get better temps on the CPU if the rad fans were intakes, but that would completely change how the air went in the case.. and I'd need to change the panel and front fans to exhaust...??? any thoughts?

I would keep the rad fans as exhaust. Its not really going to effect your temps if you have good airflow. If you had them as intake, you would be blowing warm air into your case instead of cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom