Around 800-1000 to spend, don't know jack about computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanon12

Solid State Member
My current PC just ain't cuttin' it, 2x NVIDIA Geforce 7900 cards, Nvidia duel core 3800+, 1gig ram, and for some reason, ever since I got it, it's randomly shut down while playing video games (I've sent it back to Ibuypower and had everything replaced, problem still persisted)

Last time I went to I buy power and bought what I needed from a list, and obviously I won't be doing that again, was wondering if anyone could make suggestions for deals n what not. Mainly used for gaming, lots of gaming.

Also, when buying from Newegg, how much more are the pre-builts? (Newegg.com - Desktop PCs, Desktop PC Computers, Cheap Desktop PCs, HP Desktop PC, Cheap Desktop Computer)

Your best bet would be to build it. For the same cost of some of the prebuilts, you can build your own that you can upgrade later for less.

Do you have a monitor and such? If not, or you want a bigger one, we can work that out. If you have one, what size is it, and what resolution do you play at?

I have a 1280x1024 monitor, and speakers, as well as an instalation CD for Windows XP (well it's a backup CD for what I currently have, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.)

So pretty much I only need the tower, and what goes inside.

Around $800-$1000 is my budget, maybe more if I can find a buy for me 300 worth in dell gift cards.

Bin that Corsair 650TX and get a Corsair 620HX or something from PPC&C, Seasonic or Enermax. That is the worse Corsair PSU out there, I've had mine break several times now (even after getting a brand new replacement), and the Corsair support forums are full of cries over it. It's the worst piece of advice I've ever followed....getting that piece of....you get the drift. After spending lots of time on Corsair forums I can't believe people still insist on recommending it.

Some questions.

That setup, how loud would it be?

What level of games would it be able to reliably render?

How much of a problem will be keeping it cool?

Bin that Corsair 650TX and get a Corsair 620HX or something from PPC&C, Seasonic or Enermax. That is the worse Corsair PSU out there, I've had mine break several times now (even after getting a brand new replacement), and the Corsair support forums are full of cries over it. It's the worst piece of advice I've ever followed....getting that piece of....you get the drift. After spending lots of time on Corsair forums I can't believe people still insist on recommending it.

lol.... I find that really surprising. Can you link me to one of those threads? This is the first time I have ever heard a negative comment about a corsair PSU....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom