10K Build, not kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My build is 6k, lol. Why is everyone saying 5k? :p

But I agree, a nice case mod would be pretty sweet. mnpctech does great work.

Great idea about mnpctech, I've seen some of their work over in the modding section and it's beautiful. Wolfenstein case is absolutely amazing. I'm sure he'll be happy with it.

I knew about the RAID 0 thing already but it was nice of you to clarify it hefe.

Last, I read somewhere that the copper 120 is not any better then the normal 120 and that it is significantly heavier, I don't really care about the weight but with the money this guy is paying me I want to upgrade my dark knight to OC more and wondering if the copper's worth it. I'm starting to think I should become a custom PC builder as a full time job;).

Thanks

Well he knows the people I did my phenom rig for and they love it, I think they recommended me lol. Also I think he has a a lot of money to toss around. Anyways it is more that I'm trusting him, he's paying for most of it when he gets it, I know uh oh.

No no no no no. No. No TEC thank you.

Also, you don't need WD Blacks for storage devices. You will barely notice any sort of difference in performance between the two. And since this build will eat up a crap ton of power anyway, why not get drives that don't use as much? Not to mention those are the 640gb, and I posted 1tb drives...

Greens are best for storage, and please god no TEC.

Sry, wht is wrong with TEC? i have never really used it i am just curious.

And if this guy is going to spend that much anyway, i dont think he is going to be concerned with power usage of HDD, i think most of the reason he wants to spend the 10k is so he can say he has the best of the best.

man this will be a monster build, post the picks when you building it :) get two of these in
Newegg.com - G.SKILL FALCON FM-25S2S-128GBF1 2.5" 128GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks
the build, the are slightly better then the ocz counterparts. Try use some cheaper parts here are there
like dont go to extreme with the 3way sli, just go sli, otherwise he will be disappointed when they are getting old after spending all the cash. Also look for a cheaper psu, a nice pc power and cooling 1000w or so will do fine. Also stick with maybe a asus rampage II extreme of something, the supercomputer is actually for workstations.

Also the ram is great, but the perfect storm is overpriced for what it is.

Pros:

* Nice control panel

Cons:

* Very Large, will not fit in some cases
* Draws a lot of power @ 100% load
* Loud
* Heavy
* No manual fan controls
* Big - takes up a lot of interior case space
Ultra ChillTec Thermo Electric Cpu Cooler - Overclockers Club

Cons:

- Must remove motherboard for installation
- Very large and heavy
- Cooling performance under full load
- Extremely expensive product
- Very noisy cooling fan

Ultra ChillTec TEC CPU Cooler ULT33186 | CPU,Cooler,Ultra,ULT33186,Chilltec,TEC,ThermoElectric,Thermo-Electric,Thermo,Electric,Ultra ChillTec TEC CPU ThermoElectric Cooler ULT33186 Review | Benchmark Reviews Performance Tests

Those are just the first two reviews. The list continues.

Sry, wht is wrong with TEC? i have never really used it i am just curious.

And if this guy is going to spend that much anyway, i dont think he is going to be concerned with power usage of HDD, i think most of the reason he wants to spend the 10k is so he can say he has the best of the best.

TEC is terrible and expensive for what you get, as Hef pointed out.

As for the "best of the best", it doesn't matter for the storage drives, because he won't notice the difference. Just because he has 10k, doesn't mean we should strive to fill it completely.

I agree with baron, regular SLI would be better, which in turn would allow for a smaller PSU. Tri SLI is only really for benching, it doesn't have many applications for gaming.

The RAM is way expensive, I just grabbed the fastest decently costing pair out there. If we are actually going to trim some fat in this, you could get dual kits of OCZ Plats and be just fine.

Personally, I'd get this build as low as possible and keep some of the extra money, haha. :p

Ok, I think I've got a basic build down.

http://http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131390

Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Bloomfield 3.33GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Perfect Storm 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model F3-16000CL8T-6GBPS - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling T12W 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - EVGA 02G-P3-1187-AR GeForce GTX 285 FTW Edition 2GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards 2 of these

Newegg.com - OCZ Summit OCZSSD2-1SUM250G 2.5" 250GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks 2 of these RAID 0

http://http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136317 Three in RAID 5

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series 70SB088600007 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

Newegg.com - HP LP3065 Black-Silver 30" 12ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ USB2.0 & Height Adjustment 300 cd/m2 1000:1 - LCD Monitors 2 of these.

Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE TJ07-BW Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - LG Black 6X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 6X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner Super Multi Blu-ray Disc Burner & HD DVD-ROM Drive Model GGW-H20L - Blu-Ray Burners

Thermalright "Limited Edition" TRUE Copper Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink (Socket LGA 775 / LGA 1366 / AM2 / Xeon*) - FrozenCPU.com

He didn't want the custom mod, don't ask me why, And he said he didn't want his computer posted on "social networking sites":rolleyes:. I think he thinks we're twitter.

Last, I have seen liquid coolers that don't need refilling, however the one I saw was absolute crap, I had to remove it from my buddies computer. Are there any that actually work?

Here it is ( and don't buy it, it's just an example)

Asetek LCLC CPU Liquid Cooling System :: Puget Computer Parts Store

A little off topic but I stumbled upon this while poking around newegg and I know I sure wouldn't want to pay $500 to have this guy stare out at me.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER CSX Limited Edition Spartan CX-830SPTN-01-GP Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Your help is really, really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom