Stacker 810 Work Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I didn't have a chance to actually work on the case portion of this mod today. But I did take a couple of pictures.

top1z.jpg

topclose.jpg

I bought a Artic Cooling Accelero heatsink for the GTX280 but it's really just to big. More on that in a few minutes. Here's a few pictures. I added the Enzotech ramsinks in-lieu of the cheap looking heatshield they supplied.

artic1.jpg

artic2.jpg

So I decided to use one of the heatsinks from my Gaming PC instead and I used a couple of 100x100x10mm fans which makes it slightly smaller than the Artic Cooling heatsink. Here's a few more pictures.

silenx1.jpg

silenx2.jpg

Because of how big the video card is I've had to bend the heatsink on the southbridge. And I've had to rearrange the fans. The video card is holding one side of the mobo up higher so some of the pictures look a little lopsided.

x58le7.jpg

x58le8.jpg

x58le9.jpg

x58le10.jpg

That card and heatsink/fans takes up more than then length of the mobo itself haha. Before I read what you wrote about bending it, I thought the pic above it looked bent a little, I guess that explains it ;). Still looking good.

Well it rained again today but I did get a little done. In this 1st picture we can see I've mounted the Power Panel, Optical Drives and the Hard Drive. I'll only be using 3 of the Drive Bay Covers which will go down to and cover the Hard Drive. And I'll be using the Honeycomb Mesh to cover the rest of the area and the fans will be mounted to the Mesh.

front1e.jpg

Here we have the 3 Drive Bay Covers which I got painted before it rained.

baycovers.jpg

And I painted the USB and Power/Reset/Activity Cables black with a Permanent Marker.

usbpwrblk.jpg

Here is the Seagate Barracuda 250 GB Drive, I've mounted it to the chassis with a set of Nexus DoubleTwin Hard Drive Vibration Absorbers ( Nexus DoubleTwin Hard Drive Vibration Absorber Products Model: NX-DT-HDD [NX-DT-HDD] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come ) which I painted black and I've attached a Scythe "KAZE-JYU" Silent Slim 100X12mm Fan to it with the drive mounting hardware included with the fan ( Scythe "KAZE-JYU" Slim100mm Silent 100mm Fan (fits 92mm fan holes) - Med Speed - Sleeved Products Model: SY1012SL12M [SY1012SL12M] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come ). These are the same fans I used on the Video Card Cooler which I thought were 10mm, I stand corrected at 12mm.

harddrive.jpg

I'll be hand painting all the visible screw heads and the visible parts of the Optical Drives in this next Picture.

side1e.jpg

Here we can see the back of the PC. I think I'll paint the I/O Shield.

back1dsi.jpg

When we zoom in we can see I've drilled out the fan mounting holes and installed some noise reducing Gromments.

backfanholes.jpg

And there hard to see but I've used Black Anodized Thumbscrews to mount the Power Supply. I've got enough for the Side Panels but I'm a few short for all the Card Slots, I need to order 5 more.

backpwrsppy.jpg

And the last 2 pictures of the day are of the Top Panel, of which I've attached all the parts to and I've mounted the Top Exhaust Fan.

topcomplete.jpg

topfan.jpg

When will the rain stop? In Florida it either rains everyday or it doesn't rain for months, your guess is as good as mine :D

Well I actually had to work this morning so I didn't get to start on this until this afternoon. I drove past the bank at lunchtime and the temperature was 101dF and it felt like 110dF. So I decided to work on stuff in the AC instead of outside work.

I took the heatsink off my old system and lapped it for this system. Then I installed it on the mobo and took a few pictures. It's was 4 o'clock before I knew it, 9-4 is strenuous with only an hour for lunch :D

lap1.jpg

heatsink1.jpg

heatsink2.jpg

heatsink3.jpg

heatsink4.jpg

Ah the TRUE 120 with the highly technical business card mod. wtf no copper. ;)

Love it.

It works too thanks for giving me that piece of advice. Easier than a washer mod.

I already had the True otherwise I would of bought a Copper.

Your giving away all my secrets :D HeHeHe

I though about mentioning it, but I figured I wait until someone asked about it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom