10K Build, not kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i would build what hikaricloud suggested and tell your friend to keep the other 5k to upgrade it in a year or two.

Build a ~$4500 computer, but order two of everything. Get a nice computer for yourself. ;)

Build Hikaricloud's suggestions, and keep the remaining amount of money. Say it was for shipping.

Other then that, that build is as good as it gets.

I do not know him too well but I think he can do a memory upgrade and that's about it.

Unfortunately it is too late for me to to do that proiare, I was able to convince him that Hikari's 5K is a great computer and will still be a waste of money (not that I don't want one;)).

I think that your right about air cooling. What is the best air cooler out there? Is it the Thermalright copper true 120 or the Coolermaster V10. I heard that slaymate had a bad experience with the V10 so if there are any other coolers I don't know about please inform me.

Thanks Guys.

Actually i have been reading about this cooler and it looks like it performs pretty well, also, WD caviar blacks will perform better than those greens for the RAID 5

No no no no no. No. No TEC thank you.

Also, you don't need WD Blacks for storage devices. You will barely notice any sort of difference in performance between the two. And since this build will eat up a crap ton of power anyway, why not get drives that don't use as much? Not to mention those are the 640gb, and I posted 1tb drives...

Greens are best for storage, and please god no TEC.

Agreed on the Green's for storage.

And one thing that should go without saying, I would assume the two ssd drives would be best used in a raid0 array :amazed: for OS and programs.

Just clarifying as you did not mention that was your intentions (I knew it was).
There would be no other reason to have 2 identical ssd drives if not to have them in raid0.

If you're looking for a 10k system use that 5k build and then go over to mnpctech.com for a truly unique look....to whatever theme he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom