Is it better to play games on a 720p tv or a 1080p computer monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
In my quest to decide whether or not I am going to be a console or pc gamer I am trying to figure out which would be more enjoyable: gaming on a 32 inch 720p tv or a 27 inch 1080p monitor. For anyone who has experience with both types of displays what do you prefer and why?

The monitor, by a LOT. Higher res means more detail and better gaming (also easier since you can see stuff in the distance better in FPSs for example). And PC gaming @ 720p stretched across a TV will look aweful o_O

Right now I have a 19 inch 5:4 pc monitor, and gaming on it is kind of a drag. I wish I could see what it would be like to game on a 1080p 27 inch monitor in comparison so I could make the decision. Right now i'm thinking that gaming on a 1080p monitor from 3.5 feet away would totally own playing on a 720p tv, but I dunno, i've heard people argue that they enjoy their bigger 720p tvs more than their monitors.

1080p monitor for sure... I've got a 21.5" asus 1080p monitor and its awesome, PC games look amazing on it and it makes playing games on my xbox 360 like COD4, Halo 3, GoW a lot easier because I can see things way better. My parents have a 60" HDTV which is 1080i (but 720p is better then 1080i) and I have hooked both my 360 and my computer up to it. It's fun to play on a huge screen like that once in a while but the 1080p monitor is much better for gaming, the 60" TV is more for really good for sports IMO.

I don't know why people want these 1080p monitors. Get a standard 1920x1200 monitor. It is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom