RAID problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

strat1219

Solid State Member
Sry, lol RAID problem

Ok, i am trying to add a raid 0 setup to my current system with this card,

Newegg.com - Koutech IO-PESA201 PCI Express SATA II Controller Card RAID 0,1,0+1 JBOD - Controllers / RAID Cards

and two WD 640 Blacks. I installed the drivers and everything as instructed, and the card sees both the drives, but when i try to make a RAID set in JMRAID tool i get an error that says: "Failed to create RAID array!!!". If i then exit the program and start it back up, the array shows up, but i cant delete it or anything. Then if i go to disk management, it shows up as a basic drive, but if i try to format it, my system starts to sputter. I let it "format" for 7 hours, but nothing changed. i really dont know what to do, any help would be appreciated.

Are you setting up the raid array via a bios type setup or inside of windows?
When you restart the computer do you get some type of message like press ctl a to enter raid set up?
What will you be using this array for?

Unfortunately this companies website was not very helpful.

Ya, the website is worthless. I am going to just put my games and movies on it, so if it fails it is no big deal to me. I was doing it inside of windows, and yes there is a screen when i boot up, should i just try that?

Yes always best to set it up that way.

Good to know it is not a problem if you have a drive failure and you are aware of the ramifications.

Ya, i have done this before, i just couldnt get this one working. I tried it in the BIOS like u said, and it looks better now. It is formatting and my system isnt jittering anymore, so i think we r good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom