Internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenapples

In Runtime
I have a Thomson Router and when I install it to my newly installed windows xp system the ethernet light comes on but I don't know how to set it up, help please!

No. I have no internet. That's why I need it to install the drivers and I'm connecting another ethernet cord from my router which is connected to my main comp a newer hp with vista, the one that won't connect is running xp it's a hp d330 motherboard celeron 2.93 ghz

Ok what model of hp do you have that needs to have lan drivers for. You will need to get them from HP Customer Care 24/7 Online support for HP's Home and Home Office Products

You will need to download them from your other computer and either burn them to disk or use a sub drive to move them to the computer that needs it. I would also install the chipset drivers first, then the lan drivers and go online, update windows then install the rest of the needed drivers.

I have a d330st can you help me, I tried the modem drivers but they're no good, the sound drivers and such work idk which one is WAN, so could you please tell me teh corect one thanks.

Do I need the WLAN, there's also no network, could you guie me on how to set up, I thought it reads it automaticlly?

do not need wlan.

It will be one of these three depending upon the configuration you have.
You could run everest home to find out for sure or just install these three until one works.

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Drivers for Microsoft Windows XP/2000

Intel Gigabit Network Connection Drivers for Microsoft Windows XP

Intel PRO/1000 GT Drivers for All Operating Systems

from here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...1863&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1098#11395

Lets just get the internet running now. We will worry about home network setups later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom