6800 or X800

Status
Not open for further replies.
well unless they decide to boost all their x800 models up to 16 pinpelines since the x600 is coming out.. but then thered be a lotta complains as some ppl got ripped off by buying the card earlier than other ppl and ending up with 4 less pipelines lol

Nubius said:
Can't help it that ATI wasn't smart enough to think of the 'dont render black' option :p Makes a lot of sense really and seems to really help too

Considering that the 6800 series doesn't draw about 60% of the dynamic shadowing/lighting that it is supposed to - I'm still going to stick with ATi on this one... :p

first of all, there are heaps of X800 verses 6800 threads in this forum, so do a search next time.
ok my personal preference is that the 6800 GT is the best one to get out of all, you can overclock it heaps, like was said, to more than the ultra.
I liked the 9800's over the 5950's, but the 6800's have really taken off, and beat the X800's in nearly all areas.
although when AA and AF are turned on, the X800's do win sometimes, but when they do, it's not by much. however when the 6800's win, they win by a big margin. then to top it off is the better image quality from Smartshader 3.0

when you buy a 6800, it doesn't look that great, but you could always replace that cooler, to say an arctic Cooler Nvidia cooler 5, which looks better, and works better and quieter than the stock cooler.

i own a ASUS 6800 gamer's edition (256 DDR3, non GT/Ultra), i have it overclocked to 420mhz (stock is 350, ultra is 425) and i am very impressed, it is a single slot card, it stays cool with stock fan and heatsink, it performs like a GT, i say save some money and get this sucker.

Considering that the 6800 series doesn't draw about 60% of the dynamic shadowing/lighting that it is supposed to
Lies ag, all lies.....60% psht..I haven't seen a review yet that has complained about seeing a lack in dynamic shading in the doom3 game. The 6600 is going to beat out the X600 too, the X600 only has 4 pipelines and the 6600 has 8, but the article I read said that even if ATI opened up 4 more pipelines it'd still hardly compare. I believe the 6600 will be like $199 and it seems like it'll be a good card. 128mb of the DDR3 memory so that should run like a champ

Nubius said:
Lies ag, all lies.....60% psht..I haven't seen a review yet that has complained about seeing a lack in dynamic shading...

lol... I'll send you some info on it. Believe me, it's true.

Man, I love watching fanboys argue....yea, the X600 sucks, thats why ATI is putting out the X700, which is much closer competition with the 6600. Honestly, the X800 Pro and the 6600 are very similar in performance, so ATI should just drop the price of the X800 Pro and make it the competition.

Neither companies should be releasing any PCI-E based cards (imo). It's still too early.

Why is it too early? I have a PCI-E mobo... Don't see why it's too early for an impovement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom