Can't Startup Wireless laptop w/o Scanner Plugged In!

Status
Not open for further replies.

minnie

Beta member
Can someone kindly give me some suggestions on how to have my wireless laptop fire up w/o this stupid scanner plugged in?
Thanks so much!

No, it's a serial port. After logging on, it tries to run and ends up using all the cpu usage and runs continually like it doesn't know what to do. I am tempted to deinstall the scanner but it's older than dirt and it took me forever to get it set up since the company is no longer around, etc.

Note that I bought a Lexmark printer (appears to be a BIG mistake) that was plugged into the scanner. I thought that was the problem, so I deinstalled that for now and unplugged it from the scanner. Could that still be a factor in this even though it's not even on or plugged into the scanner any longer? I really want to be able to reinstall the printer but have the ability to not plug that into the laptop when I want to go wireless.

I don't remember having problems like this before having to purchase the stupid printer. I had an older Lexmark that didn't give me any problems until it croaked one day.

Thanks so much for ANY ASSISTANCE. I was up all night with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom