Upgrading Computer need help telling if I have right parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartlley

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I am upgrading my custom PC and I really need your guy's advice!

I built my computer about 4 years ago and It crapped out on me (Not sure what happened exactly), But I decided that it is time for an upgrade. I am getting a new mobo, processor, video card. I might have to get a new power supply if my old one does not keep up with my new parts. If anyone could tell me if the parts I am trying to get are all compatible together/ fit together in the case/ are able to work on my current power supply.

Here is it,

First off, this is my case ( and I am using the power supply that came with it)
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-Infinity ATXB6KLW-AL Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX 350W power supply for AMD/Intel Power Supply - Computer Cases

Mobo
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A78 Plus AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

CPU
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Video Card
Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H483FN512P Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
or
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-1150-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

And I already have a 512MB RAM card in there and a sound card and harddrive

Get the gts 250 and the ram pincsher recommended.

And I think (THINK) the cpu is compatible with the mobo it says it's a amd phenom 2 and the mobo says am2 so it supports it..

You mean AM3...?

The board will support AM3 just fine. And go with what Pinscher said, RAM is so cheap now there's no reason to not get 4gb. 512mb will not cut it, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom