Problem using my beast desktop....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocktal

Beta member
Ok, I bought my desktop from Best Buy 5-6 months ago, and I really don't want to have to send it back for repair unless deemed necessary by others.

Simply put, my computer randomly shuts down and it is a improper shutdown. I have scanned for viruses, checked to make sure all RAM/GPS/etc were secure and had not wiggling. As a last resort, I used a back up of Vista, (Registered)...It still shutdowns...Using windows Event Viewer, I will post some of the problems.....

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected. (9:26:08 Time Stamp)

Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\Installer\{67E03279-F703-408F-B4BF-46B5FC8D70CD}\WksCal.exe". Dependent Assembly msadctls,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.1801.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\Installer\{67E03279-F703-408F-B4BF-46B5FC8D70CD}\wksdb.exe". Dependent Assembly msadctls,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.1801.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\Installer\{67E03279-F703-408F-B4BF-46B5FC8D70CD}\wksss.exe". Dependent Assembly msadctls,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.1801.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\Installer\{67E03279-F703-408F-B4BF-46B5FC8D70CD}\WksWP.exe". Dependent Assembly msadctls,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.1801.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

It seems from the time the first event hits, I have roughly 1 min before my computer crashes. I hope yall can help, but if not, it will give us something to learn from for future references.

Thanks,
Jesse

are you receiving blue screens when it shuts down?

If so post up the stop errors please.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/decoding-stop-errors-193078/

No BSOD, it boots fine just notifying me that windows was improperly shut down (Giving me options to start in safe mode/normal)....My computer doesn't do anything weird except shut downing randomly. I might have found a fix for anyone who has this problem.

Open up notepad...and add this (and only this) to it.

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" _
& strComputer & "\root\subscription")

Set obj1 = objWMIService.Get("__EventFilter.Name='BVTFilter'")

set obj2set = obj1.Associators_("__FilterToConsumerBinding")

set obj3set = obj1.References_("__FilterToConsumerBinding")

For each obj2 in obj2set
WScript.echo "Deleting the object"
WScript.echo obj2.GetObjectText_
obj2.Delete_
next

For each obj3 in obj3set
WScript.echo obj3.GetObjectText_
obj3.Delete_
next

WScript.echo obj1.GetObjectText_
obj1.Delete_

Now, save it as <Random Name whatever you want>.vbs
Restart your laptop/desktop, and hit f8 in order to get it into safe mode (don't need networking or cp)....Run the file, should have to click ok twice....once done, run file again, should hit error, Unknown File....After that, I had to reboot several times (Around 6)...but my computer has been running swell since. I hope this helps anyone with this problem.

After researching, there is another reason this error could be caused. Improper voltage settings for your RAM. Get a bench tester, and test your RAM....if your comp locks up or freezes, reboot access your BIOS....and lower your voltage or raise it a small amount and retry. From what I have read, a person using 4 1gb sticks, had to adjust his voltage from 1550 down to 1500. After that, he 'claimed' problem was fixed. Try that also....I am continuing research on this error and will post anymore fixes that I might find that are not obviously redundant or idiotic.

Also, I never stated my computer: Quad Core Intel...2.33ghz x 4....running 8 gb of Kingston HyperX ram....Nvidia GT 120 video card. Using Windows Vista Home Premium....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom