Uber Budget Build: <$500 with Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcovalt

In Runtime
Ok, I'm building a computer for the Grandparents so I'm on a budget of $500 for everything (also shipping and tax. At first I was leaning towards this build: Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg but then rethought it and decided they didn't need that much power and the would be better off with something smaller, cooler and less power hungry.

So I came up with this: Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg.

But I had a few questions before I click the order button. Would that hardware be able to preform decently for older folks who don't really care about SuperPi calculations? Can you guys come up with a more decent build (keep in mind, it's not the best I can get for $500, it's the best I can do under $500 that will suffice)? Has anyone had any personal experiences with that Nettop good or bad?

Thanks guys!

haha, I guess not. well, I'm going for the cheap one unless anyone says STOP!!!!!!!!!!

later brohems

Yeah thats what I was thinking, my Grandparents aren't going to be doing anything, they don't really even understand the internet (their last computer came pre-installed with chip's challenge).

But is the Atom 330 really acceptable? What previous processor could I compare it to in terms of speed?

I guess I just don't want them to have a dog slow computer.

Awesome, thanks man. Looks like a winner!

But, I am still curious about that Atom 330. Do you know what compares to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom