Dusty Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Dusty Case

Silesia said:
I will post up a photo of what I have done on my case fans this week end. (as I am cleaning out my case before summer hits)

As promised earlier, these are my filtered fans that i have made up. They are not pretty, but at least they keep the dust down in my system.

FAN IN TAKE
FilteredFan1.jpg

FAN OUT TAKE
FilteredFan2.jpg

The metal grill is there to provent the cloth from coming loose.

but don't you lose a lot of cfm? i would think that it would greatly reduce it esp when dust builds up?

jaksback said:
i have heard (and pleeze correct me if i am wrong) that whenever using that canned air, be sure all power to the computer is disconnected, something having to do with the propellant in the can or the discharging of the air causing a small quantity of moisture....is this true or no?

That only happens if you do not hold the can straight.

I personally use a 180 lb. air compressor, and it works wonders. The air wont hurt anything in the case, or any of the peripherals. I also periodically remove the CPU and GPU HS's and wash them. This is only recommended for the neat freak, and great care should be taken.

A dust cloud may form, but would you rather cough for a moment or torch a processor cause you didn't want to move the dust. Just a thought
-Joe

Joeisalsocool said:
A dust cloud may form, but would you rather cough for a moment or torch a processor cause you didn't want to move the dust. Just a thought
-Joe

Get one of those face masks so you can keep the dust out.

I would also recommend removing any heatsinks and/or fans that are present and thoroughly cleaning them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom