1k Gaming/First Time Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
:p I'm just a bit skeptical since everyone else on other forums was saying go higher with the vid cards.

Another quick question but does this motherboard Newegg.ca - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards (the combo one with the deneb) have any IDE slots? Thought I could save 40$ by re-using the CD/dvd-burner I have now. I never burn anything or use the drive except to play games or load up software for the first time.

Edit: That XFX has dual VGA's doesn't it? Definitely getting that then, could go dual monitor and that would be so nice.

it would be best now to get the core 216 so later on you can get a better monitor and then you would have horsepower to power it. i use my core 216 at 1680x1050, easily maxes out every thing i have.

I've actually decided on the Deneb combo tennebaum recommended, just haven't updated OP yet. I think that cpu + mobo is a better deal for what it is.

ummm no, amd is cheaper and better then what you selected. and really that motherboard isnt that much better quality then the original he chose. furthermore then phenom 720+biostar is a obvious winner out of all of them.

and also to OP, a 4850 would be heaps for 1280x1024, but a gtx260 would def. last you a while if you have the cash.

I would go for the XFX because of it's double lifetime waranty.

Dual monitors take a little getting used to but once you do the extra screen area is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom