So this is my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, as long as you replace that PSU in the case, lol. ;)

Pretty sure you can't do tri crossfire with the 790GX, but when it's time to upgrade, you should get a good dedicated card anyway. Hussein mentioned the 4770, it's a great card for around 100 bucks, but by the time you need to upgrade there will be different stuff. The 3450 is just a cheap way to get around double the performance of the onboard for the time being. You may not need to upgrade for a while, it depends on your monitor and what resolution you run at.

Also, little known fact, but you can support up to 4 monitors with the hybrid crossfire setup. Two with the card, one with either the onboard VGA or DVI, and one with the onboard HDMI. ;) May not be useful to you, but a nifty tidbit.

Looks like your build is ready to go!

I know I could use 4 monitors easily. :p I just can't justify spending more money on monitors than my tower.

Yeah..Haha. I'll probably buy a second monitor after I get this built.
I was looking at your signature and your Phenom II is at 3.5GHz? Wow, didn't think you could OC it that high? Does it run hot?

I have my i7 at 4GHZ rock solid. Got sunbeam CC on it and it comes up to 75C with prime 95. You can really overclock a lot more then people think

I was looking at your signature and your Phenom II is at 3.5GHz? Wow, didn't think you could OC it that high? Does it run hot?

it seems as if your but a young grasshopper at this stage. yeh you should see some of the world overclocking records :p

I pushed my e5200 to 4.875 GHz a few days back on h20, although I didn't have the access to the set up long enough to do stability testing longer than a few minutes. point is overclocking isn't as hard as it can be made out to be .

3.5ghz is just my 24/7 clock. I have a problem with temps any higher, since I'm only using my stock cooler, and I'd need to push my voltage higher.

My max OC is 3.939ghz, completely unstable. Lol. Stable enough to run Super PI.

The x3 720 is a pretty nice overclocker, and much better than the older phenoms. You could easily overclock it to 3.2ghz without many problems. One day I'll test to see what the highest stable OC I can get with stock voltage.

ram can also affect your overclock that why it is good to have nice ram that can handle clk 4 timings easily, this way you get the best out of your amd cpu.

Hey guys. Sadly, I didn't get that built. Honestly, I stopped saving the money because I'm a lazy ***. I've been getting into video editing, producing, etc, all that fun stuff.
Now the computer I'm on CANNOT play HD video, it skips and looks choppy.
I was planning on actually bulding this within the next month or so, but now it's sooner...Because I need it NOW, or want it now anyways..Lol

So as soon as I sell some of my crap on eBay I should be ordering some parts!

Sadly, my beloved combo deal ran out..So I found a better one. Yeah this time I have DDR3, I'm going to make my friends cry.
WHAM! Here it is -

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Okay..That is perfect. Has EVERYTHING I would need. Still using the good 'ole 720 X3.

Newegg.com - PNY Optima 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model MD4096KD3-1333 - Desktop Memory
Looks good, not that I'm great with my knowledge on RAM, but comments say so. Pluss it's the only one I could find that was $60 with 5 stars.

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH3450 SILENT/DI/512MD2 Radeon HD 3450 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Whooho! CrossFire. But will this work with the HD3300 with DDR3? (I shall own all my friends in FPS)

Newegg.com - XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W 500W ATX SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies
Same PSU..Because it's cheap and I like it.

Newegg.com - XCLIO Godspeed Two Advanced Fully Black Finish 0.5 mm SECC / ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
I had my choice of a new case... I like this one better.

So yeah, there is my new selection.
I hope to order everything in the next week, week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom