1080p vs 720p articles have nearly crushed my pc gaming dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I just read many articles which affirm that 1080p is not substantially better looking than 720p on any display smaller than 40 inches. I was looking forward to buying a 1920x1080 27 inch pc monitor to play games on, but if the above argument is true why even bother maintaining a pc for 1080p resolution when a 120 dollar xbox 360 can run 720p games just fine for less? I have a 720p 32 inch tv already which can utilize the xbox. Does the 1080p vs 720p argument still hold for pc gaming and pc monitors, or is it an entirely different field? I personally like the pc game lineup better than the console lineup as of now, but the price difference is so large between the two that if 1080p pc gaming on a 27 inch monitor won't provide much better of an experience than 720p gaming on the 32 inch monitor and the xbox I don't really see the point in concerning myself with the matter. I also can't use the 720p monitor for my pc because for some reason at 720p the picture extends past the borders of the tv. What do you guys think?

You have to use the Nvidia control pannel to resize your display to fit your screen. I have a computer hooked up to a tv in my basement, and I had to do this.

Its different. Think about it. When they talk about TV's, you sit like 2 or 3 metres away from it. With a monitor you are about 40 cm away. Res wise, you can tell.

yes for sure, its easy to tell when gaming with a pc. Try going from 1920x1200/1080 on a 24" to 1360x768 and there is no doubt in my mind that you will notice a great deal of difference. Especially when your textures are on highest settings in games like crysis where they look very crisp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom