CyberPowerPc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john.roswen

Solid State Member
I'm looking for a new computer for gaming, nothing super expensive or super powerful, but a step up from my 1.8ghz macbook.

I really am not up to building my own computer at the moment, regardless of the benefits in price or how easy it could be. Maybe my next machine.

Anyway, I looked around and came across this very well priced machine.

Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 7208 Athlon X2 7850(2.8GHz) 4GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

It has everything I need. I was concerned about buying through the Cyberpowerpc website, as I know they have gotten some bad reviews before and I was concerned about being able to return it. I feel a little better purchasing through Newegg, although I know that doesn't make the product any more reliable.

Does anyone have any experience with Cyberpowerpc? Can I get a few years of use out of the machine in question, or I am just getting all excited over a heap of junk thats too good to be true?

They seem fine from what I've heard, several people have bought systems from there and posted about it on Tech Forums. Ibuypower is another similar one, they might be worth a look.

That particular PC seems alright but I'm concerned about the gaming capabilities. A 9500GT isn't quite even a midrange video card and the PSU is listed as 420w so it's not that powerful--that can make upgrades a pain as you might find you'll need a new PSU. I guess it depends on how much gaming, etc. and what performance you expect. Other than that I'd say you're just fine.

Buying it through Newegg is a good plan if you're concerned about being able to return it.

I would like a graphics card that matches the ability of the computer, but I don't think that I'm going to make that purchase with the computer.

Is it possible to change the PSU included but still purchase from newegg, and is purchasing from there not making anything safer/better than just buying it from Cyberpowerpc.com? I've bought from newegg before (already have an account etc) and it seems like they would be easier to get in contact with if something goes wrong.

Is changing a PSU going to be a huge issue in the future, if I choose to later upgrade the card? Like I said, I don't think I'm up to building a whole computer- but is a psu installation something an average guy could do?

I'm coming from an integrated gma 950 on a macbook, so I figure just about anything right now is going to be an improvement. I'm not a huge gamer- will this card be able to take COD4/Gmod/Source engine games without dragging too much? Playing games on this laptop is a nightmare, surely a dedicated card will offer a big improvement, right?

Sorry for all these questions, and thanks for the quick reply to my first post.

Nah new egg doesn't have like customizable computers.

Changing the PSU is just placing it in a upper slot in the computer then getting all the cables and plugging them into the rest of the parts.

COD4 - Windows XP service pack 2 or windows vista
2.4Ghz dual core
1024 mb RAM for XP 2048 for vista
8gb of free space on hard drive
Nvidia GeForce 7800 or ATI Radeon X1800

That's about it.

But if your gonna run ALL of those games u listed I'd recommend upgrading graphics to something like this..

Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H483QS512P Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards That or..

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100256L Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Good luck

You could just go to CyberPower's site and customize a build. You could choose better parts as well as a case you like better. It would cost more because of the better arts, of course.

You would come out better buying the parts on NewEgg and putting it together yourself, though.

Yes just like Trotter said, it's better building your own lower price, better parts. Do u have a specific budget? These forums have guides on how to put computers together.

An example u said cod 4 gmod and some source engine games I'd say u can run about 2 of the selection u picked on med to high or low to med.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom