Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

viviennem

Beta member
Hi all, my name is Vivienne and I joined this forum today. I've heard loads of good stuff about it and that there is always someone who can help with any PC problems. I look forward to posting and help resolving issues and I hope that I can also maybe make a contribution.

Thanks

Viv :)

I've posted this issue again here because I thinkg I put it on someone eles's thread. Not sure how to include a new issue in a topic list. Thanks

Hi, I have a problem when logging on to IE7. Just for information, I upgraded to IE8 and started having the problem that I will describe and because of this I took of IE8 and reinstalled IE7 but the problem didn't go away.

I am using Windows Vista and this is the message I keep getting when I log on to IE7 and when I use any links on webpages. Even in this forum if I click on a link someone has put in a posting I can't access it and have to go into properties and post the whol URL address in my google toolbar.

This is what I get when logging onto IE and other links.

The address is not valid

Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Also I cannot seem to set Yahoo as my home page. I have gone into my settings and set it as the default but it's having none of it.

I posted in another thread and was told to use:

PC Tools Spyware doctor with Antivirus which I downloaded. I was told it's free but you have to pay to register it in order for it to fix any problems. The scan identified 6 threats and 206 infections.

Regcure - yes it's freed to download but again will only fix problems if you pay to register. When I scanned my PC with this it identified 963 errors.

Regtool as above - 2, 839 errors.

I have norton security and when I did a full PC scan the results showed I had 1 threat which was a tracking cookie and no errors. So I am not totally, totally confused.

I do hope someone can help

Frustrated and confused member
Viv

PS I have updated my Yahoo to the most recent version but still can't set it as my home page

zawqoqika0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom