no power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
ok i just got back from washington dc where i was on an internship for a week. i think i turned it off before i left. there was a massive storm in dallas while i was away. so i went to turn my computer on today, and nothing happens, no lights at all, nothing. the only light on is the one on the on/off switch on the back of the psu

there is no lights at all lit up on the motherboard, and pushing the power button does nothing at all. have any ideas? i didnt see any unplugged wires

ok, switched out psu"s, and now it boots. here the dilemma though, the motherboard (750iftw) instantly goes to FF instead of the normal sequence of booting, and no display comes on, and niether my usb mouse or keyboard power up. any ideas?

ok, switched out psu"s, and now it boots.
Do you mean it boots, or POSTs?

And sorry, sounds like the board is fried to me, can't really think of what the problem could be other than that. And quite possibly your video/RAM too (though video less likely), you should try them in a different comp to check.

ok, switched out psu"s, and now it boots. here the dilemma though, the motherboard (750iftw) instantly goes to FF instead of the normal sequence of booting, and no display comes on, and niether my usb mouse or keyboard power up. any ideas?

have you tried reseting the CMOS?

and on my dads 790i ultra FF means Fully Functnal, according to the manual.

also try a different GFX card.

tried new graphics card, no difference.

i mean like when i turned it on (when it worked) it went through many codes and when it finally got everything done and windows was loaded, it said FF. now it instantely goes to FF, so it doesent go through all the booting processes. I think the board is fried. il throw in the backup board i have.

im just surprised it fried everything when my computer wasent even on

im just surprised it fried everything when my computer wasent even on

Has happened to me as well; I even had mine plugged into a surge protector/battery backup. Unfortunately my BIOS got corrupted somehow... Now I've learned to unplug from the outlet during a storm heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom